*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2116610-Why-Pyramids
Rated: E · Essay · History · #2116610
What was the rational for building of pyramids in megalithic times?
There has probably been more written about pyramids than any other structure built in ancient times. Archeological evidence of these ancient edifices can be found across the globe. The most famous are at Giza in Egypt. Building one involved a stupendous amount of effort and technological skill that in retrospect appears beyond the means of primitive humans. These pyramids appear to have been built much further back in the distant past than current thinking has allowed. Excavations around the Spinx show water erosion that dates it to before the Great Flood, or eight to ten thousand years ago. A best guess is that they were built with the help of a preadamic civilization that visited Earth as mankind was emerging from the Hunter Gather stage of historical development.

There is in addition to the pyramids, evidence of megalithic buildings with stones weighing well over twenty tons. Cutting these huge blocks, getting them to a building site and raising them hundreds of feet into the air, is even today a marvel of engineering. So the question becomes what was the purpose of these structures and specifically what was the motivation for building them?

To help answer this question the issue must be defined. If I can't answer it, the least I can do is define it.

PROBLEM: Determine the reason why megalithic civilizations went to all the trouble of building pyramids.

FACTS BEARING ON THE PROBLEM:

1. Evidence of Pyramids are found across the world and beyond.

2. These ancient relics are big.

3. They are often found oriented in an astrological fashion.

4. They are set to linear specifications of amazing exactitude.

5. There is no soot on the inner walls.

6. There are no hieroglyphics or ancient inscriptions.

7. The architectural internal design required sophisticated blueprints.

8. Construction required a huge workforce.

ASSUMPTIONS BEARING ON THE PROBLEM

1. Moving the materials into place required a cutting, transport and lifting technology beyond the means of primitive hunter gatherer societies.

2. Once constructed an operational and maintenance presence would have been required.

3. There was a functional purpose behind the construction that provided a sought after capability.

POSSIBILITIES:

1. An edifice of astrological importance.

2. A means of generating power.

3. A monument to evidence achievement.

4. A marker establishing a territorial claim.

5. A symbol to inspire awe.

6. A facility to process unknown technology.

DISCUSSION OF POSSIBILITIES

COMPARISON OF POSSIBILITIES

SELECTION OF OPTIMAL CHOICE

RECOMMENDATIONS










© Copyright 2017 percy goodfellow (trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2116610-Why-Pyramids