*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2116135-My-first-paranormal-experience
Rated: E · Fiction · Paranormal · #2116135
a short story based on my personal experience in the paranormal


My first paranormal experience
a short story



         Where do I even begin to tell this story based on true events which had happened in my childhood. I suppose I should just start at the beginning.
         I was just twelve years old living in washington State. I will not go into the details of the location, but suffice to say that we lived in Sasquatch county. (But that is another story entirely.)
          One night I was home alone with a buddy from next door. We decided to build a tent in the livingroom with a sheet and a couple chairs and a couple clothes Pins to secure the sheet. We also put the sheet so that we could cover our huge Console Television.
         The Television was in a wood cabinet that also housed a Record Player, a cassett player and we also had an eight track player. There was a AM/FM radio sterio built in as well. I remember the screen was huge and if I were to venture a guess, it was about twenty-five inches.
          My sister was over at my buddies house visiting his sister and having a sleep-over. Now back in those days and earlier, it was not really strange to have kids as young as I was left alone at the house. We lived in such a tight neighborhood that everyone watched after everyone. So we felt pretty safe having our own sleep-over ourselves.
         My Mother had been in and out of the hospital for a long time because of one health issue or another and on this particular time, she was in the hospital recovering from a broken leg. My father on the other hand was working a late shift in security.
         As my buddy (his name was buddy also) and I were watching a television show we were laughing because of burping loudly from drinking soda fast. He had Soda foaming out of his mouth and I told him that he “looked like he had Rabbies.”
         Now mind you we were under the sheet and I thought that we were alone there in the house. I heard some coughing and noise coming from the back part of the house. Buddy was still laughing.
         “Shh...”
         “What?” he said still giggling.


         “Did you hear something down in the back of the house?” I asked with a bit of uneasiness.
         “No, its just the wind probably.” Buddy assured me.
         But I really didn't feel assured as I could hear the noise coming closer down the hallway that lead to the back bedrooms. I pulled the sheet up a bit to see down the hall when I saw a shadowy figure walking towards our tent. My heart skipped its beat for a moment as I saw the dark figure standing between the Hall and the Livingroom.
         The shadow figure had on a very distinct red Flannel shirt, a pair of pea green pants, and a hard hat. At first, I thought it was my father and had came home early from his job. He moved into the light a bit, but his face was still dark. I said hello and joked about us watching television. The figure didn't say anything but moved back into the hall and blended into the darkness.
Ring!
         The telephone rang which made me and Buddy jump a mile. I thought I was going to die because my heart was racing, I had a cold chill running down my back and I could hardly move with fear of seeing my dad. The phone rang again and this time I got up from the floor and headed over to the desk where the phone sat.
         “Hello?” I answered.
         “Honey, this is your Mum. There has been an accident.” My mum started. “Your Father had fallen off of a Cat-walk at work and fell 20 feet to some boards and scrap wood. He is in the ICU and in a coma.” She explained.
         This was impossible. “I just saw dad here at home in the hallway.” I said confused. “DAD!” I called out, but there were no answer.
         I put the phone down and ran down the short hallway towards my parents room. I figured he was there. I turned on the light, and there was no one there. I picked up the phone and told my Mum that he was not there in the bedroom, but I did see him right before the phone rang.
         “You could have seen his spirit. He had already died twice according to the doctor. They are not sure if he is going to last during the night. Where is your sister?” Mom asked.
         “She is over at Buddy's house with her friend.” I explained.
         “I think it would be best that your sister comes back and watches you tonight.” she said.
         I reluctantly agreed and we hung up. Buddy left and in a few minutes, my sister came home and we stayed awake nearly all night not sure what the next day would bring.



         My father survived his accident, and recovered very well. But this experience taught me something about this world. There are many things that can not be explained.

BUT DO WE REALLY WANT TO?


© Copyright 2017 yogertlvr (etower036 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2116135-My-first-paranormal-experience