*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2114370-Back-HomeCh5-Raw-Draft
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by LycanZ
Rated: E · Fiction · Sci-fi · #2114370
In the 25th century, we lost mother Earth and we've been enslaved by a higher civilization
Ch. 5 Black and White Kings


With the clue, Adair could finally located 10 different binary system that has white dwarf star and blue dwarf star. Adair was sure that there were many other binary system fitted the clue, but these 10 binary system were the closet, the system that Ares more likely went to.

10 screens were on Adair's head, each of them had some information about one binary system. Adair sat at his desk, looking carefully at all these screens try to find the one that Ares had been to.

At this time, his officer's door opened. Adair frowned, he remembered to tell Luna that he did not want to see anyone, but before he got mad at his assistant, he got Luna's apology that she could not stop Ms. Simon.

Adair was surprised, he did not expect that Linda wanted to see him, however, she was the closet person to Ares, maybe she would have some information about the logogriph.

The first thing Linda saw was a wood chess table in the middle of Adair's office, that table looked ancient, as old as the game self, all the pieces were set, and both white and black sides moved a pawn. Linda used to love chess, it was elegant game in Gaea, and she was good at it.

"I was wondering when we are going to have some conversations." Adair stood up walking to Linda, "Anything to drink?" He did not wait Linda to answer walking straight to a wine rack, and poured Linda a cup of white wine.

Adair knew Linda well, longer than Ares, they went to school together, "Here, I hope I did not forgot your favorite." Adair handled the wine to Linda, and asked her to side one side of that chess table.

"You know me well, Adair," Adair poured the chair out for Linda, Linda took the wine and took a sip, "You changed a lot these years, Adair." Linda smiled to Adair.

"Time changes people Linda," Adair sat on the other side of chess table, he looked up the table a while, and moved the fourth white pawn two steps ahead.

Linda looked at Adair, then chose a pawn move one step ahead. It has been a long time since Linda played chess, but she knew right now, it was not about the game. She was waiting for Adair to take the first move, asking her some questions that he has, but Adair did not even rise his head. His eyes glued on the game, focusing each move he made. 'He became much more patient now.' Linda thought, like an old expert fish-man waiting the bite.

"You are discomposed Linda." Adair alerted Linda and used his knight took over her bishop.
Linda took a tumble, when she paid attention on the game, she realized she lost, Adair and his white
minions already surrounding her king.


"I lost." Said Linda. She pulled down her king.

Adair did not seem happy, you could not find any joy on his face. "I know why you come, Linda." He said, and set the chess back to the form that Linda saw. "You did on purpose did you? You let it happen, you want us find Chris."

Adair gazed at Linda's eyes, those dark and deep eyes.

"Yes, I make it happened, but sooner or later you will find him, do you?" Linda did not lie, she let Adair knew that Chris' exist, if she want to hide Chris, she could do something about that VR glasses.

"Why now Linda?" Adair did not understand, Linda hided Chris for almost 25 years, neither him nor the government knew his exist, why she chose to reveal.

"I want Ares back Adair, I want him back!" Linda's voice raise, "I could not stand another moment that Chris only considers me as his mother, I am not, I am his wife, we are married!" All the depressive mood exported at this time, Linda knew Chris loved her, but that was not the love she was looking for. At first she thought she could bury the love of Ares, and rase Chris as her blood child with Ares. But with time passed, she found out she could not, Chris was Ares' clone, they share the same voice, the same height, the same out look, even sometimes the same personality. Linda did not remember how many time when she looked at Chris, she thought she was looking at Ares, and it happened more frequently drove her crazy.

Adair did not know the pain and suffering Linda had, and he did not want to. In his mind, he never saw Linda acted like this, she was always calm and elegant never lost control.

"You want Ares back too, do not you?" Linda calmed herself down, and asked Adair. She looked at Adair, smiling, like a tiger checking its prey.

"Yes, I am sure all the people want him back, he is a hero and legend, the light of our future."

Linda looking at Adair, smiled with silence. She knew Adair was laying, Ares for him was much more than that.

"Linda, he is gone, even you cloned him, it is not the same." Adair said, Linda's vision made he uncomfortable, he thought Linda knew something, something deep, something he did not want anyone know.

"I know Adair, Chris is not Ares," Linda paused, tasted her wine and continued, "but I could make he become Ares."

"That is impossible!" Adair yelled, even he did not know much medical knowledge as Linda, he still knew a clone was a new life, it would become a totally different person. 'Dose she really could do it?' Adair thought in his mind, 'No way! She is not God, no one could bright the death to life!'

Linda knew it sound very crazy, when Adair looked at her, she gave Adair a mystery smile, "The different between Chris and Ares is only their mind, if Chris has Ares' mind, he sure will become Ares."

"But, Ares dead almost 25 years." Adair reminded Linda.

"I know, but if I told you I have Ares' memory, would you be interesting?"

"What! You have Ares' memory!" Adair shocked, standing up immediately, if Linda truly had Ares' memory, then she might turn Chris to Ares, the real Ares! Even she could not, with Ares' memory, he could find out where Ares hid wormhole's map.

Linda knew she made a reliable ally, she was satisfied, laying in the soft chair.

Adair still could not believe that Linda had Ares' memory, it looked like Linda knew the government would get rid of Ares sooner or later that was why she copied Ares' memory.

"Where is the memory now?" Adair asked.

"Gaea, I left it at Gaea." Linda said, "A person's memory data is huge, it is not something you can carry without any attention."

"So, you want to go to Gaea?" Adair calmed himself down, and sat.

"Yes, I need make sure after I go to Gaea, I can still get out."

"How can I trust you that you will not turn you back to us and join them, especially they cloned Ares too." Adair picked his king, playing on his fingers.

"You do not need to worry about that, I am sure they do not want the real Ares back. The only thing they want is just a puppet, a puppet could not have free will."

Silence in the room for a while, "What gonna happen to Chris?" Adair broken the silence, he did not know Chris for long, but this was insane. However, there a part in deep that encouraged him to do it.

"Don't worry about him, I love him, I will never do anything to hurt him." 'Besides, he is the only way to bring Ares back.' Linda did not say the rest of sentence, but Adair knew.

"You changed Linda, you are insane." Adair shook his head, "You want to wipe out Chris do you?"

"Time changes people, just like you said Adair."

"When you want to go to Gaea?"

"The sooner the better, a sick hero need his wife's support." Linda got what she want, there was no more reason for her to stay any longer. She stood up and left Adair alone. After Linda left, a hit of smile showed on Adair's face, no one saw it.

It has been three days since Chris passed out, Chris felt he was totally fine now, but neither Linda nor Adair want him to leave the hospital. Chris has no complain for this ward, it was private well decorated with a bathroom, in door garden and a fitness room. If there were not many medical apparatus, Chris would feel he was in a hotel room.

Linda visited Chris twice a day, but today Chris did not see Linda at all. It was already passed dinner time, without Linda, Chris felt a little accustomed. In the night, Adair came to visit Chris. Chris did not expect Adair would come to visit him, it was a little surprise for him.

"How's your doing Chris?" Adair walked in, sat near Chris. He wore plainclothes, without military uniform,
he looked less solemn.


"I am fine, thanks." Chris did not know how to get alone with Adair, he felt pressure around him. "Why you are here?" Chris did not think their relationship was good enough to visit each other.

"Relax Chris, I am not your enemy."

"Not friend either." Chris added.
Adair shook his head with smile, "I know you don't like me Chris, but we have to work for a long time, I hope we could be friends."

Chris did not want to agree, but what he said was right, since they need to work together, it was better to be friends rather than enemies.

"I saw your profile, you got rank S license at 21? That is impressive." A screen showed up on Adair's hand, all the profile of Chris from he was a boy showing up on it.

"Yep." that was the proudest thing Chris had, the highest spaceship drive license less than 0.1% people had it. Chris thought that was his specialty but now he knew he was a clone of Ares, the best spaceship pilot in the history, it all became pointless.

"Why like be a pilot? It is the most dangerous job."

"I like it, life is adventure." Chris could not deny it.

"Do you have any interesting to try the T hybrids?"

"What! The T hybrids? The highest technology frigate that ever developed!" As a spaceship fan, Chris of course knew this class of frigate, but he only saw it on TV or VR world, never saw it in person.

"Yes, you are a talent young man, I do not want to waste your talent." Adair said to Chris.

"Really? You gonna let me drive T hybrids?" Chris got exciting, he felt his heart beat increased and his blood was boiling, it was one of his dream to be T hybrids pilot, but for some reason he could not make it happen.

"Yes, but you have to pass the physical test just like the rest of people." T hybrids was not only required the high skills of pilot, it also required its pilot had a decent physical body. Sometimes only the strongest body could support a strongest will.

A physical test? It liked a cold water extinguished Chris' excitement, how could he compete with other soldiers who had been trained for years. Adair seemed know Chris' scruple, he patted Chris' left shoulder, "Don't worry Chris, I will help you with your training."

Chris noticed Adair set him up, but he kind stepped into the trap by himself. Chris knew that he could not being sick forever, one day Adair will let him lead the fleet, and it would make no sense that a leader could not drive T hybrids. However, he was not mad or angry at all, seemed he could not change the fact, why not just enjoyed it when he still had time.

"When we start to train?"

"If you want, we could start tomorrow." Adair was glad to hear it, he actually laughed. Somehow, Chris felt familiar, and a lot closer to Adair.

To win the game, you have to keep your eyes on your king, and while in game, there should just be one king. That was Adair thought, 'Chris, you are the only king that should be in the game, the other copy need to die." Adair back to his office, he looked at the chess table for a while, and moved one of white pawn for ahead, 'Linda, this time you will have no chance.' Adair smiled in the dark.

© Copyright 2017 LycanZ (lycanz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2114370-Back-HomeCh5-Raw-Draft