*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2114117-Despair
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #2114117
A Story of
They say it is always darkest before the daylight. Despair has no boundries. It is overwhelming and all consuming. In the abyss the light never falls. One gets to the point when the fight meets it's impending end. The question is when do you give up? If you give up? A bludgeoned body, mind and soul wondering how it exists. Memory of the godforsaken journey obliterated by a frightening oblivion. How did he get to this point? Who am I?

He ventured into his purgatory gradually but steadily downward. He was at the point now where his past significant others were distant, insensitive. This man had become an unreconizable ruffian. His struggle with his own survival consumed his why and wherefore.

Max Small was a tall, strong man with a pratical sense. He had looked at his life now and remembered the accomplishments and prosperity. The plug was pulled somewhere, but for the life of him he now couldn't remember where or when. The now ex-husband, estranged father and unemployed breadwinner, was at a crossroad in his life.

One day, while sitting at his favorite tavern,"The Rose Colored Cafe", Max had a chance meeting with a spectacular person that sat next to him. She had a special glow, a solemn figure with an angelic face. He had asked her what her name was as "Here Comes the Sun" played on the jukebox.. They had exchanged pleasantries and she had told him her name was Uriel. Uriel had gone through similar turmoil and felt a similar hopelessness. The explained to one another how they felt they did not find their destiny. They looked into one anothers eyes and felt a magical, pleasurable connection. Max asked if Uriel belived in serendipity, she said "I knew you were going to say that".

© Copyright 2017 Robert Di Piero (rwperro09 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2114117-Despair