*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2112400-Ideal-Government
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Political · #2112400
Idea government should work for the people.
Idea government works for the people. A government that is chosen for, and works to protect those it governs, is always the strongest.
Leaders of a body of people should be those who represent the ideals and values that make that body strong. Government should not be controlled by money or power. Leaders should not be chosen based on fear or empty promises. The common people should not ever feel less than, or feel fear of, their leaders. If a circumstance arises wherein the people begin to disapprove of their leaders, the people should have every right to take said leaders out of power with ease, and the leaders should step down with grace.
A government should never run on the fuel of hate or bigotry. Values of the community should not be based upon race, gender, class, sexual orientation, or religion. Acceptance and respect are vital to a strong government. Protection of civil rights for all people should be a fundamental value that cannot be argued or struck down. Education should be accessible for everyone.
People’s right to say what the want should be protected at all costs. People’s right to do what they want with their bodies, so long as it does not place any other individual in harm, should be protected. A women’s right to do what she pleases with her body should be upheld under all circumstances. In an ideal government, people aren’t afraid. People aren’t angry. People have hope.
© Copyright 2017 Joan Summers (audreyfaithm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2112400-Ideal-Government