*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2111741-I-have-Fallen-but-I-Will-RIse-again
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Other · #2111741
February quotation contest


Add to give 100 p4

Paula entered the back door entrance to the house,
'Dad ' she called excitedly, I have won an art competition in art at school. Her poster came first in the county of all the other schools.
Dad looked the poster, and being a self taught artist observed the item very keenly . Paula and her dad discussed the fine details of the winning entrance of the contest.

Paula's excitement didn't last long when her dad produced a letter from the mantle shelve and he read it to her.; It read that she was being moved from top band 3 to the second band 2. She didn't say anything, but it was clearly see she was upset and marched up to her bedroom sllsmbed the bedroom door.
Paula settled within a few days of the move to band 2 and soon made friends But some of her tutors questioned why she was put down for her work was of band three nothing was done about it and she .continues her school studies in band 2 until she moved to college and went to do her diploma in art.

Paula married young and when her boys were at the senior school decided to take her art up again and confided in her dad to see what he thought about it.
She was visiting the family home when dad came in from his work.
'Dad what do think, 'I'm thinking of going back to college to do my fine art degree?'
'Are you thinking of a university and is there one near for you to travel?'
Yes there is a university in Northampton and the bus has a good service to it.'
Paula enrolled at the college and then went on to university. She spent three years at the university and gained her degree in fine art, although it was quite hard for her as she still had two teenage boys to look after. She often remarks, ' I didn't need their band one after al,l I did it all by myself,'










© Copyright 2017 Mary Ann MCPhedran (cookson2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2111741-I-have-Fallen-but-I-Will-RIse-again