*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2110799-Lightbringer-ill-change-this-probably
by Callax
Rated: E · Draft · Fantasy · #2110799
The first ever scene, from the first ever thing I've written, submitted for comment
A sudden blinding flash of light filled the room and then nothing, it could have been described as black, but not just a colour, it was the absence of colour, It sucked all the life from the room leaving an unnatural darkness for a split second and then a loud piercing crash. The large clear glass orb on the pedestal, like the ones you would have found at a cheap fortune teller at the local fair, smashed into a hundred thousand tiny pieces causing the men in their dark flowing gowns gathered around it to flinch away in terror, covering their eyes with arms to try to avoid the flying shards of crystal that erupted from the centre. One of the men had been rather too cunning, almost as if he had expected this outcome, and had pulled one of his smaller, clearly more junior colleagues in front of him as some sort of makeshift cover as the others scurried away crashing into the large wooden bookcases which encircled the edge of the room, sending the large leather bound tomes flying from their resting places to crash onto the stone floor.
The taller man spoke, even and calm, seemingly unconcerned by the chaos around him

“So much power...., It seems we have the target, I should report this immediate, he will want to know.”

He threw the colleague that had been his cover out of the way leaving a crumpled mess on the floor, stepping over him, as he turned to head up the stone steps to leave the room, his heavy soles and well tailored shoes making a loud clattering as he stepped quickly for a man of his age.

“And clean that up.”

He waved his finger at the collection of bodies, glass and ancient books as he stepped through the heavy wooden door, closing it behind him with a thud, the men moved slowly, pulling themselves from their prone positions, not hesitating to pick up the books, these men were used to following orders.
© Copyright 2017 Callax (callax1978 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2110799-Lightbringer-ill-change-this-probably