*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2039164-A-DEJA-VUE
Rated: E · Prose · Experience · #2039164
Sometimes I see exactly what I want to think about.
        A DEJA VUE


Odd.  I was reading and I got a severe brain cramp of deja vue.  It wasn't a picture in my mind, but a thought.  The thought of a view.  A view across a desolate field and up onto a hillside.  A wooded hillside with shacks between the trees.  Trails crossing the rubble strewn field.  Trails through burnt vegetation, up into and through the dark trees of the wooded hillside.  Around and between the rickety shacks, with the tilted smoke-puffing chimneys.  Trails leading me to, and encircling the dark dreary shacks and the dark sad people living there.

I know I've never seen that view, but I remember it intimately.  If I try, I can remember the expressions on their faces.  I remember what they said.  I remember how we felt when we spoke.  Heartbreaking, how a life never lived can be remembered so vividly.
© Copyright 2015 Geoff (rennur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2039164-A-DEJA-VUE