*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1435354-Crossroads-Dinor
Rated: E · Article · Business · #1435354
An article about a Dinor in Edinboro, Pennsylvania
Crossroads Dinor provides filling meals, cozy atmosphere
Pubished in The Spectator

         What to eat, how to prepare food, and where to eat are constant decisions in our day-to-day lives.  college students are some of the busiest people in society.  They have papers to write, books to read, and schedules to meet.  Food is often relegated to a quick decision; what is convenient, what is at hand.
         Crossroads is one alternative for a meal off campus.  It is located at 103 Plum Street at the light, in the center of town.  The restaurant was established in 1929 in a trolley.  The trolley is still apart of the diner even though space has been added to accommodate more people.
         Customers can sit in cozy booths, resting and conversing while someone serves the meal.  For those people who want to read or study while they eat this is a quiet atmosphere.  Although the parking could be more plentiful, it is within walking distance fro the campus.
         There is a menu with a large variety of choices.  The menu includes soups, sandwiches, salads, full course meals, desserts and drinks at reasonable prices.  On the back page of the menu is a list of the daily specials.
         My family stopped at Crossroads on a Friday evening to dine.  Alert waitresses were cautioning people to beware of the slippery carpets that were just being changed.
         We ordered the special food for Friday, fish.  After fresh salads and appetizers, we were served the all you can eat fish platter, and salmon patties from the Friday specials.  We also chose chicken tenders from the children's section of the menu.  The heaping plates of food were served steaming hot.  Everything served was very moist, tender, and consistently fresh.  There was so much in a serving, no one needed second helpings and we took home a doggy bag.
         The cash register is located in a small alcove at the front door.  There are wind chimes, potpourri, and other souvenirs in the alcove.  Crossroads is a scenic eating place for family dining and friends getting together for a quiet meal.

The Spectator is the  Edinboro University of Pennsylvania Newspaper located in Edinboro, Pennsylvania
© Copyright 2008 Apondia (judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1435354-Crossroads-Dinor