*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1248545-Audrey-Hepburn-Facts-And-Her-Life
Rated: E · Article · Biographical · #1248545
Some facts about Audrey Hepburn and her life story.
Merit Badge in Breakfast at Tiffanys
[Click For More Info]

Happy Valentine's Week!  *^*Heart*^*

These are some facts about Audrey Hepburn.

She was named Audrey Kathleen Ruston at birth. She was born in Brussels, Belgium on May 4, 1929. She was married to Mel Ferrer and Andrea Dotti.

Audrey Hepburn will be always be remembered as Princess Ann in Roman Holiday as well as Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Another notable role was Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady.

She won an Academy Award for Best Actress in Roman Holiday. She was nominated for an Academy Award in Breakfast at Tiffany's but she didn't win. This is her best role and she should have won. She did win BAFTA Awards for Best Actress in Roman Holiday, The Nun's Story and Charade.

Audrey Hepburn was a ballerina, Broadway Stage Actress as well as a fashion model. She gained fame for her starring role in Gigi, a Broadway Play. She went on to play in movies and later served as a Goodwill Ambassador. She was ranked as the third greatest female actress by the American Film Institute in the top 10 actresses.

Audrey's Life:

Audrey Hepburn was born Audrey Kathleen Ruston in Ixelles in Brussels, Belgium. She was the only child of Joseph Victor Ruston, an English man and his second wife the former Baroness Ella van Heemstra who was a daughter of a former governor of Dutch Guiana. Her mother was a descendant of King Edward III of England.

Audrey attended a private school in Kent in the Netherlands. Her father worked with a British Insurance Company and became a Nazi symphatizer. Her parents divorced in 1935. She found her fathr in Dublin, Ireland years later after becoming an actress and she kept in touch with him until his death. Audrey trained to be a ballerina. She danced for groups to secretly collect money for the underground movement. She used the name Eddie van Hemstra.

Food was scare during the war in Belgium. Audrey and her mother learned to make flour out of tulip bulbs to bake cakes for food. Her uncle and half brother were shot for being part of the Resistance and Audrey witnessed this. She suffered from malnutrition and respiratory problems.

Audrey read Anne Frank's dairy and felt a connection with her and her life. She later became involved with the Red Cross and Unicef.

Being a ballerina didn't pay much so Audrey turned to acting. She started out in Theatre Productions: Gigi, The Lavender Hill Mob and High Button Shoes.

Her first feature film was Roman Holiday, a black and white movie with Gregory Peck. Rumor has it they were lovers but they denied it. Audrey appeared on the cover of Time Magazine. Roman Holiday was her dearest movie because it made her a star.

She next starred in Sabrina with Humphrey Bogart and William Holden. She and Holden were romantically involved but he was already married and had a vasectomy and couldn't have children so they broke off the romance.

Audrey went on to star in Funny Face with Fred Astaire. She was also in Breakfast At Tiffany's{my favorite!} with George Peppard, My Fair Lady with Rex Harrison, A Nun's Story and Love In The Afternoon with Gary Cooper. She was a favorite with Rex Harrison and JFK admired her and he had an affair with Marilyn Monroe.

She played with Cary Grant{I love Cary Grant!} in Charade. She lost the role of Mary Poppins to Julie Andrews. Audrey sang in a lot of movies that she was in and she was a singer as well as an actress. Her last starring role was They All Laughed with Ben Gazzara. She appeared as an angel in Always with Richard Dreyfuss. She was older but still a lovely woman.

Audrey has a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame. She was married twice. She was married to Mel Ferrer and Andrea Dotti. She has two sons Sean and Lucas. She will always be remembered for her Unicef Work and President Bush gave her a special Award in 1992 for her work.

She is considered a Fashion Icon and has been named one of the most beautiful women of all time. Jennifer Love Hewitt played her in the movie The Audrey Hepburn Story. A postal stamp was issued of her in 2003. She has been honored in Hollywood as a legend. She died in 1993 of appendiceal cancer at the age of 63. Audrey is my favorite and I love watching her movies. I loved her and I think she was a beautiful lady. I wish she was still alive.

Beautiful Audrey Hepburn Sig for me from Agnes Ramona.


© Copyright 2007 Princess Megan Rose (tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1248545-Audrey-Hepburn-Facts-And-Her-Life