*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3173355
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(668)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 20, 2018 at 7:21pm
Greetings from my little corner of England!
Good day everyone,

Been a member for a couple of days, took the plunge and posted a couple of pieces already and thought I would start to check out the broader community.

After 25 years in IT solution sales (trying to persuade people to buy stuff they didn't think they wanted), the company decided it would be rather fun to not employ me any more. So, decided on a completely new direction, enrolled on a degree course at University and thought I would try writing.

My ultimate aim is to try and make my degree subject - Criminology with a sociology angle - more accessible through fictional writing. I am fascinated with why people do what they do, how society and the media treat people that don't fit a given stereotype.

Am finding the whole process of writing intimidatingly exciting! So many self doubts that occasionally give way to genuine amazement that I sometimes manage to write something that someone else actually enjoys - I guess that's the joy of writing?!

Looking forward to reading more contributions on the site (set a personal target of at least one daily review) and would be really appreciative of any comments on my own work, if you feel so inclined. In the meantime, thanks for reading and happy writing!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Greetings from my little corner of England! · 03-20-18 7:21pm
by Leslie Raynor
Re: Greetings from my little corner of England! · 03-20-18 10:26pm
by Legerdemain
Re: Greetings from my little corner of England! · 03-20-18 10:45pm
by Kimbug

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3173355