*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3164320
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(108)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1949474
Motivate yourself to conquer your goals this week! Post on Monday; update us on Friday!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 16, 2018 at 12:10pm
Edited: February 16, 2018 at 12:40pm
Update Week 7 Feb 12-Feb 16
by Tinker
Ok I was so focused on doubling my review goals on my list, and also meeting my writing goals, I completely forgot I wanted to write a poem for today, Chinese New Year! The day is just beginning but I have family coming for the weekend who should be here in 3 hours, so I at least wanted to get my response here posted.

I'm not giving up though, I will have a poem honoring Chinese New Year done before the end of the day. Maybe I will get my grandkids to help me write it when they get here. (after the initial chaos dies down) That will be fun, we have written poems together before, we brainstorm together and there's lots of laughter as the creative process starts sparking, especially from the 2 teen girls. They think Grandma's obsession with poetry is an eccentricity they lovingly indulge. Let the hilarity begin.

Now I have to get my house ready for the invasion of 4 kids.

~~Tink

Quickly, just in case, in the Chinese poetic form Shi Jing (one I've never used before}

Gong hei fat choy
Gong hei fat choy
Gong hei fat choy
Wishing you great happiness and prosperity.

Xin nian kuai le
Xin nian kuai le
Xin nian kuai le
Pass the New Year well.
                   ~~jvg
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Update Week 7 Feb 12-Feb 16 · 02-16-18 12:10pm
by Tinker

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3164320